A special needs conversation with Jennifer Cronk on episode 56 of the 10-Minute Teacher
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Empowering special needs students with technologies is one of the greatest ways to motivate and ignite their learning. Jennifer Cronk @jenniferacronk shares two tearful but joyful stories of people with special needs unleashed (including her own.) Let’s start this Monday motivation remembering the joyful opportunity we have to help every child with technology!
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- How to empower special needs students to champion themselves
- Examples of alternative assessment and contribution for those with special needs
- How Jennifer motivates students and teachers to unleash learning
- A breakthrough story of Jennifer’s own son who wanted to honor his teacher
- The moving thing that happened last week to Jennifer with a special needs teacher
I hope you enjoy this episode with Jennifer!
Selected Links from this Episode
Transcript will be posted soon!
Jennifer Cronk is an Assistant Manager of Emerging Technologies for the Southern Westchester BOCES in New York. She currently oversees and strategically plans the Google Apps transformations of several school districts in Westchester county. Jennifer began her career in 1996 as a computer teacher and passionately pursued the ed tech field for twenty years. Jennifer presents nationally at instructional technology conferences, and workshops on integrating Google Apps and other emerging technologies into learning. She is a Google Certified Innovator and Google Education Trainer. In addition, Jennifer is also certified: administrator, english teacher, elementary teacher and educational technology specialist. Jennifer also blogs about “digital parenting”, professional development and educational technology at www.transparentlyteaching.com and is a co-host of the blab.im show “Positively Special Ed”.
The post Motivating Special Needs Breakthroughs #mondaymotivation appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!