Episode 37 of The 10-Minute Teacher Podcast
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Monica Burns, author of #FormativeTech, shares essential tools and tips for effective formative assessment. Learn how to get results. Pick some tools. Accelerate learning. Monica’s book comes out today!
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show on formative assessment, Monica will discuss:
- What is successful formative assessment
- What are some of Monica’s favorite tools for formative assessment
- How should teachers select their formative assessment tool belt
- What is the biggest mistake teachers make when using formative assessment
- What you should do with the data from formative assessment so that it improves learning
I hope you enjoy this episode with Monica!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @ClassTechTips
- Blog: http://www.classtechtips.com
- Today’s Meet
- Brain POP
- Spark Post
- 4 Ways to Use Spark Post for a Virtual Exit Slip by Monica Burns
- Explain Everything
- Reshan Richards
- SMART Learning Suite
- How to Use Padlet: A Fantastic Tool for Teaching by Vicki Davis
- Let’s Recap
- Creating Elementary Portfolios with SeeSaw
Dr. Monica Burns is a curriculum and educational technology consultant, Apple Distinguished Educator and founder of ClassTechTips.com. As a classroom teacher, Monica used one-to-one technology to create engaging, standards-based lessons for students.
Monica has presented to teachers, administrators and tech enthusiasts at numerous national and international conferences including SXSWedu, ISTE, and EduTECH. She is a webinar host for SimpleK12 and a regular contributor to Edutopia.
Monica is the author of Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom (Corwin Press, 2016) and #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scannable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin Press, 2017).
Monica visits schools across the country to work with PreK-20 teachers to make technology integration exciting and accessible. She also provides support to organizations using technology to reach children and families in need. Her mission is to help educators place tasks before apps and promote deeper learning with technology.
You can find out more about working with Monica, and her books and resources by visiting ClassTechTips.com.
The post Formative Assessment Tools and Tips from Monica Burns #FormativeTech appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!