Ideas from the "The Reading Strategies Book"
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Do you want to help students love writing? In this segment, we talk about a new book including 300 strategies to get students excited about writing. So, if you’re struggling to teach writing and get students engaged, listen to Jennifer Seravallo’s ideas. From peer review across the entire process to engaging students in writing, Jennifer is full of high-impact ideas to improve classroom writing.
Today’s Sponsor, Write the World
Help Students Love Writing: Show Notes
- Can we help students learn to write and love it?
- How can students set writing goals in motivating ways?
- What are secrets to encourage peer review among writers?
- Can we have writing partners throughout the writing process? (And not just during the editing phase.)
- What are ways that students can write together?
- What is a writing club? How is it structured?
- If students are groaning when you ask them to write, how can you turn it around?
Who is Jennifer Serravallo?
Jennifer Serravallo is a literacy consultant, speaker, and the author 11 books and resources including The Reading Strategies Book and the two-time award-winning Independent Reading Assessment Series.