From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
ISTE 2016 is here! I hope to catch up with so many of you out there. Here’s the schedule of where I’ll be presenting and sharing this year. It is always great to go. Since I only go every other year, it is always extra sweet to see people that I’ve not seen in a while. Say hi!
If you want links to these events to register, go to my ISTE 2016, Presenter Page.
Workshop: BYOA: BUILD YOUR OWN APP (WH021)
- Fee: $113 ($123 after May 1)
- [Explore and create: Workshop]
- Saturday, June 25, 12:30–3:30 pm
- CCC Mile High Ballroom.3A
Special Interviews at ISTE
While I’ll be interviewing lots of teachers and educators for the show, I’m also adding something new this year. I’ll be doing a “live from ISTE” set of interviews with some cool companies. This is a sponsored series and will run on the Every Classroom Matters show. I’ll be on the showroom floor taping these (and perhaps a few others) on Tuesday morning.
- Laurie Nathan the Executive Director National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. They have an excellent free digital citizenship training program for teachers, Netsmartz.
- Horacio Ochua, the Head of Quality Assurance at Bloomz, Inc. I use this app for my parent-teacher communications.
Make sure to subscribe to Vicki’s podcast, Every Classroom Matters, to hear interviews taped at ISTE in the near future.
The CTN Playground with Crescerance and MAD-Learn
- Sun, Jun 26
- 1:00 PM MDT
- CCC Concourse E
BLENDED LEARNING CLASSROOMS: PEDAGOGIES, SKILLS, AND TOOLS FOR TEACHING
- Monday, June 27, 8:30–9:30 am
- CCC 302
SKETCHNOTING IN EDUCATION: THE BEST PRACTICES, BENEFITS AND HOW-TO’S OF SKETCHNOTING
- Wednesday, June 29, 8:30–9:30 am
- CCC 502
MINDSETS AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT FOR MAKING AND INVENTING IN EVERY CLASSROOM
- Wednesday, June 29, 10:15–11:15 am
- CCC 113
ISTE is always so busy but a great time to connect and share. I’ll admit that I’m a bit tired from somewhat of a travel disaster trying to come home from Iowa, but I’ll be around. Please say hello and introduce yourself. Let’s learn together but remember — don’t get caught up in the hype — it is about helping as many kids as possible learn and do meaningful work. We are in the life improvement business.