Simple Steps to Ignite a Love of Reading and Writing
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Teaching kids to love reading is a challenge. Pam Allyn, the author of 23 books, is a literacy expert who helps schools, parents, and teachers help kids love reading. On today’s show, she shares two important ways to help struggling students become lifelong readers. This is an excellent listen for teachers, curriculum directors, and parents. Share this one!
Thank you Flocabulary, today’s sponsor. Listeners, Get a Free 75-Day Trial for Your School!
Teaching Topics: 2 Ways to Turn Struggling Students into Life-Long Readers
- How much free reading time to students need at home and school?
- How can we help kids learn to love reading and writing?
- Where can technology be used in reading and where should it not be used?
- Two excellent questions to ask struggling readers.
Educator Resources from this Episode
Pam Allyn has written 23 books on literacy, reading and standards alignment including:
- What to Read When: The Books and Stories to Read with Your Child and the Best Times to Read Them and
- Pam Allyn’s Best Books for Boys: How to Engage Boys in Reading in Ways that Will Change Their Lives
- See all of Pam Allyn‘s Books
- @pamallyn on Twitter
Pinnable and Printable Inspiration from Pam Allyn
The post 2 Ways to Turn Struggling Students into Life-Long Readers appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!