An Every Classroom Matters Episode with Garnet Hillman
How do we know our students have really mastered the standards we are supposed to teach? Assessment coach Garnett Hillman helps us understand how our assessments need to change. (We might even learn that we don’t have to grade so much and get better results.) We learn the tools and tips to help us with assessments.
- What are the most common mistakes teachers make when assessing students?
- How can you improve your current assessments to better meet standards?
- Why should formative assessments be more reflective?
- Why just giving number grades as feedback doesn’t work and what to do instead.
- How to give feedback that helps students the most.
- How can you grade less and get better results?
- Help Teaching.com has a test maker that will help you with your assessments. You can find questions by: grade level, subject, and Common Core standards. Try the Help Teaching Test Maker(tm).
The post 7 Assessment Tips and Tools to Know What Your Students Are Really Learning appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog.